Here at Specialist Commercial Joinery Ltd, we are always looking to employ high quality, calibre staff and while we are lucky to have an incredibly low staff turnover, with many of our current team working for us for many years, we are always on the lookout for that special person to join our company.
Our work is always bespoke, high class and constantly varied, any potential newcomer would need to be conversant and enthusiastic about working in an environment that incorporates veneers, hardwoods, solid surfaces, laminates, metalwork, upholstery and glass – all of which is part of working in specialist joinery. This would need to be coupled with a full understanding of CAD setting-out drawings.
With having a number of different dovetailing departments, such as machining, veneering, spray/finishers as well as solid surfaces and bench joinery, it’s essential that each area of the business works seamlessly with the other to achieve a quality service end-product.
Specialist Commercial Joinery do not specifically employ dedicated ‘fixers’, even though some of our joinery is manufactured on a supply and install basis. The reason is because we believe that to ensure the best quality results for our clients and for ourselves, is for the team who have built it go out to install it! Our joiners enjoy the change in environment as they take selected projects out and carry out the installation themselves. This process underpins the individuals ownership of each project, all the way through the build process and results in a high quality end-product with zero snagging!
We have a number of departments including;
- BENCH JOINERS
- SPRAY FINISHERS
- SOLID SURFACE JOINERS
Specialist Commercial Joinery is always interested to hear from people who have an expertise in any of these fields.
Drawing Office Setter Out
- Experienced AutoCAD Technician in Joinery, who is capable of producing high end joinery construction drawings.
- Must be trained and proficient in the use of AutoCAD and is able to produce precise joinery/workshop drawings and accurate cutting lists.
- A flair for design, and feels comfortable with putting input into design meetings.
- Experience in Solid Surfaces is useful but not essential.
- Must have a good understanding of, and have had joinery experience working in a joinery workshop.
- To be considered for this role you will need to have previous work experience as a CAD technician in the joinery environment.
We offer an excellent remuneration package on top of the varied, high quality and interesting work. Included would be guaranteed weekly contracted hours, overtime rates, pension, traveling expenses and traveling time (if installing).
If you are interested in joining us then we would be pleased to receive your CV, please email us here:
We believe that we have one of the best carpentry and joinery apprenticeships that can be offered.
– We provide our apprentices with a 2 year apprenticeship to gain Intermediate Level 2 including NVQ 2 with a possible level 3 offered to the right candidates.
– Our apprenticeships are mentor based and on a day release basis, during the 2 year programme.
– The student will have the opportunity to receive training in all our departments, including; wood machining, veneering, AutoCAD setting-out , bench joinery, spray finishes and solid surfaces. There is a strong emphases on bench Joinery and site installation.
Apprenticeships are offered to suitable candidates, with a scaled pay structure, sponsored accredited college, company uniform & a clearly defined benchmarked training schedule.
Our goal is to train apprentices up to the standard and quality we require of all our bench joiners and to offer a long and rewarding career with us that could ultimately lead to progress through the company.
If you wish to be considered for an apprenticeship with us and have as a minimum:
- GCSE Maths Level 4
- GCSE English Language Level 3 – 4
Then please email us describing why you should be considered, a little about yourself and your usual contact details.